Qualifications @ Independence
Our Vision at iCollege
We offer excellent alternative educational provision in which each of our learners:
- Achieves their highest possible educational outcomes
- Develops a strong positive attitude
- Develops their self-confidence and makes the best possible positive contributions to the launch pad for their chosen future
Qualifications at Independence
Qualification options include:
- GCSEs in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Art or Photography and Business studies
- BTech Food level 1 and Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 and Level 2 English, Mathematics and ICT
- Entry Level Curriculum (ELC) Art, Science
iCollege also offers; Careers support, PE and Outdoor Academy sessions such as Kayaking, Climbing, Canoeing, Archery, Bushcraft activities and other Personal and Social Skill enhancing options, including Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
iCollege can also offer alternative education activities according to learner need and interest. Including; Functional Skills, a reduced timetable, extra curricular activities such as 1:1 Outdoor Academy sessions, English Literature studies, Driving theory and Life skills.
Learners’ Emotional Health, is supported, by our Lead Teacher, Pastoral Team, Mentors, Counsellor and Emotional Health Academy worker (EHA).
Post 16 students are able to access all of our curriculum to sit or resit qualifications up to GCSE. Our in-house careers teacher works closely with our students and supports careers development through liaison with colleges, universities, apprenticeship providers and employers; organising work experience placements and arranging 1:1 Adviza sessions to meet students' needs.