Safeguarding Children Statement
- The iCollege and its Management Committee take seriously their responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in their care; this includes protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have best outcomes.
- The iCollege and its Management Committee ‘ensure that staff have the skill, means and training necessary to ensure children and young people are protected from harm’. *
- The iCollege and its Management Committee endeavour to ensure that we work together with all agencies, services and other provision regarding the safeguarding and wellbeing of children in our care. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- iCollege Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy : https://www.icollege.org.uk/attachments/download.asp?file=215&type=pdf
- Children’s Act 1989
- Section 175 of Education Act 2002
- Safeguarding Children 2014 *
- Working together to Safeguard Children 2015
- iCollege Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy September 2021
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) September 2021