The School Day
Learners are taught in small class groups (max 6). Learners experience a range of teaching methods; whole class, small group and 1:1 teaching. Many of our learners are following bespoke package and therefore some timetables will be individualised to meet needs.
Adults use a whole range of strategies to engage and motivate learners. Outdoor learning, school trips and the use of outside providers is incorporated into the school day to enhance social, emotional and academic skills.
A school day can consist of approximately 30 minute lessons complimented by daily social skills and well-being sessions, and SEMH learning opportunities. Learning is planned to meet the needs of learners and adapted for children as required. At Inspiration, learning is based around a theme each term and where possible, learning is cross curricular.
Below is an example of our school day:
- 9.30 -10.00 - Breakfast/Well-being activities/Newsround
- 10.00 -10.30 - Bespoke 1:1 interventions
- 10.30 -11.00 - Lesson One
- 11.00 -11.15 - Social Skills/Break/Snack time
- 11.15 -11.45 - Lesson Two
- 11.45 -12.15 - Lesson Three
- 12.15 -1.00 - Lunch time/Break Time
- 1.00 -1.20 - Reading/ Sharing book
- 1.30 - 2.00 - Lesson 4
- 2.00 - 2:30pm - Social skills/Wellbeing activities