The School Day
Learners are taught in small class groups (max 6 pupils). Learners experience a range of teaching methods; whole class, small group and 1:1 teaching.
Adults use a whole range of strategies to engage and motivate learners. Outdoor learning and the use of outside providers is incorporated into the school day to enhance social, emotional and academic skills.
A school day can consist of four 30 minute lessons complimented by social activities, social time and SEMH learning opportunities. Learning is planned to meet the needs of learners and adapted for children as required. In the Pod, learning is based around a theme each term and where possible, learning is cross curricular.
- 9.30-10.00 - Arrival/breakfast and Morning Tasks.
- 10am -10.30am - Lesson 1
- 10.30-10.45 - Social Time
- 11.00-11.30 - Lesson 2
- 11.30-11.50 - ICT (ICT Learning Games)
- 11.50-12pm - Preparation for Lunch
- 12pm – 12:50pm - Lunch and Social Time
- 12.50pm – 1:05pm - Reading
- 1:10pm – 1:40pm - Lesson 3
- 1:40pm – 2:10pm - Lesson 4
- 2:10pm – 2:30pm - Story Time and Home Time